Dr Maria Joao Rosa
I am a postdoc researcher at the Machine Learning for Neuroimaging Lab, Centre for Computational Statistics and Machine Learning, Computer Science Department, UCL. I am currently interested in developing and applying new machine learning approaches for psychiatric neuroimaging data, with a particular focus on interpretable and generative models for understanding brain networks in health and disease. I am also part of PRoNTo's team.
I did my PhD at the Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging, UCL, under the supervision of Dr Will Penny. During my PhD, I worked mainly with generative models for the neurovascular coupling, using simultaneous EEG and fMRI data, and also on developing new Bayesian model selection methods for brain connectivity and posterior probability maps. I have also contributed with code to SPM software.
- M. J. Rosa, L. Portugal, J. Shawe-Taylor, J. Mourao-Miranda, Sparse network-based discriminative models for patient classification, IEEE proceedings, 2013. Accepted.
- Y. Koush, M. J. Rosa, F. Robineau, K. Heinen, S. Rieger, N. Weiskopf, P. Vuilleumier, D. Van De Ville, F. Scharnowski, Connectivity-based neurofeedback: dynamic causal modeling for real-time fMRI, NeuroImage, 2013. In press.
- J. Schrouff*, M. J. Rosa*, J. Rondina, A. Marquand, C. Chu, J. Ashburner, C. Phillips, J. Richiardi, J. Mourao-Miranda, PRoNTo: Pattern Recognition for Neuroimaging Toolbox, Neuroinformatics, February 2013. *co-first authors.
- M. J. Rosa, K. J. Friston and W. Penny, Post-hoc selection of Dynamic Causal Models, Journal of Neuroscience Methods, 208(1):66-78, 2012.
- L. Harrison, S. Bestmann, M. J. Rosa, W. Penny and GGR. Green. Time scales of representation in the human brain: weighing past information to predict future events, Frontiers in Human Neuroscience, 0(5): 2011.
- M. J. Rosa, J. Kilner and W. Penny, Bayesian comparison of local neurovascular coupling models using EEG-fMRI, PLoS Comp. Biology, 7(6):e1002070, 2011.
- M. J. Rosa, J. Daunizeau and K.J. Friston, EEG-fMRI integration: A critical review of biophysical modelling and data analysis approaches, Journal of Integrative Neuroscience, Journal of Integrative Neuroscience, 9(3):1-24, 2010.
- W.D. Penny, K.E. Stephan, J. Daunizeau, M. J. Rosa, K.J. Friston, T.M.Schofield, and A.P. Leff. Comparing Families of Dynamic Causal Models. PLoS Computational Biology, 6(3):e1000709, 201
- M. J. Rosa, J. Kilner, F. Blanckenburg, O. Josephs and W. Penny, Estimating the Transfer Function from neuronal Activity to BOLD using simultaneous EEG-fMRI, NeuroImage, 42(9):1496-1509, 2010.
- M. J. Rosa, S. Bestmann, L. Harrison and W. Penny, Bayesian Model Selection Maps for Group Studies, NeuroImage, 49(1):217-224, 2009.
- PhD Imaging Neuroscience, Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging, University College London (2012)
- Physics Engineering, Technical University of Lisbon (2006)
- 2012 - present: Research Associate, Computer Science Department, University College London (UCL), UK, with Janaina Mourao-Miranda
- 2011 - 2012: Postdoctoral Research Assistant, Computer Science Department, UCL, UK, with Janaina Mourao-Miranda
- 2007 - 2012: PhD student, Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging, UCL, UK, with Will Penny and James Kilner
- Wellcome Trust (UK)
- Japanese Society for the Promotion of Science
- Fundacao para a Ciencia e Tecnologia (Portugal)
- Marta I. Garrido, The University of Queensland, Australia
- Ben Seymour, Osaka University, Japan
- Jessica Schrouff, University of Liege, Belgium
- Yury Koush, EPFL, Switzerland